BAD FOR DAVIS
If Measure O passes, will cause Davis to have the highest sales tax in Yolo County. With the raise to 8.5% sales tax, people will go buy their goods elsewhere and kill the businesses in Davis
If Measure O passes in June expect an increase in your home mortgage in the form of a Parcel Tax in November if the City Council plan goes through
MORE REASONS WHY VOTE NO ON MEASURE O
- The Davis City Council has failed to justify why the taxpayers should pay for their mismanagement of $5.1 million of taxpayer’s money.
- Why should you approve an increase in sales tax bringing it to 8.5% and lasting until 2020 for “general government purposes”? It can be used on anything including travel, vacations, etc.
- The taxpayers are not their ATM machine where money is available every time they over spend and run the budget in the red.
- There is already an 8% sales tax in Davis with a Measure currently in force until 2016.
- YES on O means more taxes in November. Besides this tax in June, the City Council has announced their play to impose on you new Parcel Tax in November.
- So brace yourself, if you vote YES on Measure O on June 3, expect an increase in your mortgage in the form of a Parcel in November if their plan goes through.
FUNDS ARE MISMANANGED
The recent fiasco with the City Manager is an example; paying him a salary of $188,000. He left Davis for another City that pays him $13,000 less.
- The Davis City Council has postponed setting up the salary of the new one pending the result of this election.
- Not difficult to guess where your money is going.
THE SAME CITY COUNCIL HAS TRIPLED YOUR WATER BILL
- Water rates could triple also pending the result of this election creating additional economic hardship.
- The same City Council responsible for those water rates is asking you to pay the $5.1 million deficit they created.
If you had enough It is time to say NO MORE to these politicians.
VOTE NO ON MEASURE “O”